Friday, February 9, 2007

This cOld House 19

This morning as I was making Cocoa for the girls, I saw our mouse. Rather, I saw a streaking blur out of the corner of my eye darting from under the fridge to under the stove - I couldn't really see it as it was going about 240 miles per hour. I called to Tommie-Cat, disturbing his breakfast. He looked at me like "whatever..." and went back to his 'cat beans' (as Naomi calls his food.)

We have contracted for storm windows for the dining room and living room. It'll be six weeks, just in time for spring!

I'm headed to Lexington this weekend with the girls, Dan is staying put to work on the bathroom. (We're responsible for painting it.) If he doesn't get it done, I'll release Rob to get on it next week. I am eager to push it along since the tub in the master bath (which we are NOT re-doing any time soon,) kind of blew out this week. Korrect Plumbing (my heroes) were able to get it back together, even 'though Dan, who harbors a secret desire to be a plumber, got to it first and essentially trashed it. Thank goodness we saved the tub valve out of the girls' bathroom - the plumber stripped the seats and stems off of it to make our tub work. But that valve won't last for long so we need to get the other tub up and running for the girls. Dan and I can survive without a tub since we have the separate shower, but the kids really need one.

I finally got a plan out of one of the landscape contractors. It wasn't at all what I wanted, so it's back to the drawing board. (Not that I can even fathom doing yard work in this cold.) Looking ahead... looking ahead....

Dan and I came across an article about retro fitting insulation in older homes. After the weather this week, we are intrigued by it. I'll point it out to Rob for his opinion when I next see him.

I've only had one taker on the gas bill pool. (See my last post.) Let me know if you are interested!

1 comment:

DMS said...

Now wait one GD minute!! I didn't trash it... it was already trashed and, by the way, improperly repaired (with double washers) which is why it crapped out. It was no less usable after I pulled out the valve stems than it would have been had I done nothing. The deteriorated condition of the stems and the seats was a result of their age.